Vets to Vets United "The 5K9 Dog Jog"
Sunday Sept. 25th, 2022
A 5K Event! It's fun for all, to support local disabled veterans & their service dog in training.
Join us on "The Cross-Country Course Track" at the WakeMed Soccer Park, Cary, NC to run, jog, or walk, with or without your
dog. This very unique fun event is branded for all types of participants with a specific focus to runners of all ages, dog owners of all kind, active military and veterans, and fans of all kind. This unique track allows all participants & cainines to experience both the woods and the open field.
There will be many groups in their canopy tents promoting their canine related companies, veterans & other non-profit org's., several vendor's business, event sponsors and event donors.
Race check-in & day of event registration is at 9:00 AM. The race opening ceremony starts at 10:00 AM, followed by the race. The event is located at 940 E. Chathem St., Cary, N.C. Look for the signs to the Cross Country 5K Course Track.
Bring your race support fans to cheer you on. Stick around for some food, product vendors, veterans & other related non-profit orgs., canine games & activities for your dog, Raffle prizes, and more fun activities.
This fundraiser will make a difference for our local veterans with service dogs supported by Vets To Vets United, Inc., a local non-profit 501(C)3 organization. We pair and train service dogs with local disabled veterans suffering from PTS, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or other physical or mental service connected issues.After a 2 yr. training program, these service dogs significantly improve their life by providing companionship and help them with their mental or physical disability. This also saves the life of a dog facing euthanasia by adopting the animal from a local animal shelter. This annual fund-raiser helps us to fund this challenge.
Fun activities before, during, and after the 5K9 Dog Jog Race:
There will be product venders, veteran organizations, a DJ with great encouragement music, snacks & water, and fun activities for your dog. Bring your support fans to cheer you on & to have fun as well. An encouraging opening and closing ceremony is planned.
Current Non-Profit Organizations that will participate by having a canopy tent promoting their organization:
- VFW Post 7383, Cary - Never Forget 9-11 Foundation - American Legion Post #7, Durham
- DAV Chapter #1 - K9s Serving Vets - Lowe's Grove American Legion Post #416, Durham
- Joel Fund - Marden's Ark Dog Tales - Veterans Bridge Home / NC Serves
- Carolina Boxer Rescue - Foundation of Hope - Vietnam Veterans of America #530
- Paws4Ever (Mebane) - APS of Durham - Canine Cummunity Outreach of NC
- Vets To Vets United, Inc. - Carolina Canine Advisor - Falls Lake Kennels
- Artforall-nc.org - Military Missions In Action - Triangle Women Veterans unit #144
- Puffie's Pawz Rescue - Magstger Trainers - AMVets Riders Chapter #905, Asheboro, NC
- Tracie Ham Training - YAYDOG Trainer - Girl Scout Troop #3579, (Durham)
- Paws4Ever (Mebane) - Black Wolf NC, LLC - Visiting Angels of Chapel Hill
- Goathouse Refuge - Vietnam Display Group - Animal Protection Society, Durham
- Able Dog Trainers - Positive K9 LLC - American Legion Post 297, Raleigh
- Dept. of Veteran's Affairs - Hazel's Den, LLC (Wake Forest)
Current Sponsor that have financially donated to support our fundraising event: (On-Site Presence)
- Metlife Foundation, -- Premier Sponsor -- - Potter Financial Group, (Durham)
- Humana (Triangle Area) - Freddy's Frozen Custard & Stakburgers (Durham)
- Smith Gardner, Inc. (Raleigh) - Wine & Woolly Farm (Hillsborough)
- Truist (Triangle Area) - Lisa Gorden Stella LGS Law Office (Durham)
- Triangle Women Veteran's, Unit #144 - Mosa Pampered Pet Spa & Resort, (Cary)
- The Dabba Company (Willow Springs) - Canine Community Outreach of NC #21 (Cary)
- Vietname Verans of America #530 , (Durham) - Alliance Health, (Morrisville)
- Johnson Automotive Group - American Legion Post #7, (Durham)
- Carolina Dentist, (Cary) - Noah's Ark Veterinary Hospital, (Cary)
- Thrivent (Raleigh) - Susan Coffman
- Camp Bow Wow , (Durham) - VFW Post 7383 (Cary)
- Right Fit Storage, (Durham)
Current Donor providing a gift-in-kind to support our fundraising event: (On-site Presence)
- Buji Beastwear (Wilson) - Creedmoor Road Animal Hospital (Raleigh)
- Flying Bull Beer Company (Durham) - Cainine Community Outreach of NC (Wake Co.)
- Flemmings Steakhouse, (Raleigh) - Forever Clean, Inc. [porta-potty rental] (Fuquay Varina)
- Paws B'Cause Design - Ready Ice (Raleigh)
- Sirus Soap Health/Beauty - Underbite Pet Botique
- Unleashed The Dog (Raleigh/Durham area) - Phydeaux (Triangle area locations)
- Bolt Drinks and Coffee (Fuquay-Varina) - Black Wolf NC LLC
- Petsense (Triangle area locations) - Scentsy - by Angel Ramo (Fayetteville)
- Val's Pet Depot (Cary, NC) - Paws B'Cause Designs by Debbie on etsy.com
- Trader Joe's, Raleigh, NC - Costco, Apex, NC
- Lowes Foods, (Brier Creek, Raleigh, NC) - Black Dog Crafts by Julia Thiede
- Red Oak Brewery, Burlington, NC - Blossoms Creations Art & Crafts by Mirthia Rodriguez
- All Things Sublimation (by Jennifer Matlock) - Southern Veterinary Partners, (Raleigh)
- All Dogs Allowed, (Cary) - Wegnams Grocery, (West Cary)
- Fleet Feet (Raieigh) - Chase Boyd Real Estate, (Fayetteville, NC)
- aramark, (Raleigh) - Positive K9 LLC (Dog Trainer) (Henderson, NC)
- Double Paw Photography, (Durham) - Oliver's Collar, (Durham)
- The KupKakeFairy.com (Morrisville) - The Buddy System Pet Care (Raleigh)
- Carolina Cravings Co., (Pittsborro) - Paper Izzy Art / Skeletal Charm Jewelery, (Durham)
- The Adventures of Rufus and Rita, LLC - Pet Partners, (Raleigh)
- Scout and Cellar, (Farmers Branch, Texas) - Carolina's Dentist, (Cary)
- Northside Realty, (Raleigh) - Cary Cart Company, (Cary)
- Chick-fil-A, (Harrison Square, Cary)
Fund Raise To Support Your Race:
You can support our cause by getting your friends and loved ones to support you by donating to you toward your race results. Enter your fundraising efforts on your personal race web page.
Race Event Registration Prices (All Ages):
$30 Early registration through August 15th, 2022, $40 registration Aug. 16th - Sept 25th, $40 registration on race day
Registration includes a soft cotton shirt. Bottled water, and minimal snacks provided.
Just 4 Fun Race Event Registration:
Support our event as a race fan, or support another race attendee and also receive a Race Event T-shirt for $15.
Remote Virtual 5K Race Registration:
If you are unable to attend our race, you can support our event virtually. Register for the Virtual 5K Race by Sept 25th for $25, and you can complete your race on your own time. A race T-shirt will then be mailed to you.
Volunteer as a Day of Event Support Team Member:
Click Register and select Volunteer to help make our Event successful. Many roles are available for ages 16 & above from times between 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM on 9/25/2002. Contact: email@example.com for more info.
Our "The 5K9 Dog Jog" 2021 Video:
The following is from last year's 10/24/2021 fun filled event: https://youtu.be/YuPomlYeiCo
1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for men and also for women will be awarded at the conclusion of their race. A race award for the oldest and the youngest aged racer to finish the race will also be provided.
Your Personal Race Results:
The race finish time of your personal race will be provided at the finish line, or at the race results kiosks PCs, or on the Virtual Race Mobile App, or under our It's Your Race web site at the bottom of the home page under Results.Race Course Map:
The WakeMed 5K Cross Country Course Track at the WakeMed Soccer Park, Cary, NC.